The CLYC is pleased to entertain your interest in membership in our Club. We are a sailing club, founded in 1894, which enjoys being part of the living history of sailing, boating, and socializing on beautiful Chautauqua Lake. Please introduce yourself – we are always happy to show off our facilities.
If you have additional questions after reading through the online membership information, please feel free to contact our Membership Director, Val Dow (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Applying for membership is a simple 3-step process
1. As a prospective member you should be a friend or acquaintance of 2 CLYC members who have agreed to sponsor your membership.
2. Click on the online application button below and follow the steps (please read all of this page before completing the online application). Once in the application, you will need to click on your type of membership.
*Please note* the following guidelines in order to successfully complete the online application:
3. After filling out the online application you will need to mail in a check that will cover your initiation fee and dues to:
- After choosing your membership type, complete the rest of the online application.
- If you are an individual under the age of 21 click "Junior Member"
- If you are an individual age 21-30 click the "Age Associate" button that reflects your age.
- If you are over the age of 30 click "Full Member"
- In the Sponsor field, please list two current members who have agreed to endorse your application.
- If you are applying as a "Full Member" you must select the initiation fee under additional charges.
Chautauqua Lake Yacht Club
Attention: Membership Application
PO Box 252
Lakewood, NY 14750
Please contact our Treasurer, Louise Bakewell (email@example.com), to determine the amount for your initiation and dues, as you may not be responsible for the entire initiation fee in your first year.
Once your payment has been received, you will be posted as a prospective new member at the club for a period of one week. Assuming there are no objections by the membership, the board will take action on your request for membership at the next regularly scheduled board meeting of the club.